What is Dubsmash?
Dubsmash is the place to watch your favorite videos and create your own! Make a 10 second video to any sound from our massive library, or participate in a video Q&A with another user. Post your dubsmashes to your profile, and follow your friends to keep up!
How do I register for a Dubsmash account?
You must be at least 13 years of age to use Dubsmash. Please make sure you remember the email address and password you sign up with, as this is necessary for managing your account!
- Download the Dubsmash app on your device from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Open the app and tap the big purple button Sign Up.
- Enter a valid email address. This is super important! A working email address that you can easily access is necessary to manage your Dubsmash account, including changing the password.
- Choose a unique username. Make sure it’s appropriate and something that you can easily remember. We do allow you to change your username once you’ve registered. Please note that any profiles with inappropriate or vulgar usernames will be removed, along with all videos, sounds, and followers associated with that account.
- Choose a password. Make sure it’s something that you can remember and store it safely away from others. If you later need to recover your password, visit dubsmash.com/reset-password and a recovery email will be sent to the email address you used to register.
- Log in. :-)
How do I find a dub to create my first dubsmash?
- Tap the "Explore" tab at the bottom of the screen.
- You can find a dub by searching, or selecting a dub from the Recommended Sounds list. You can also add your own sound by going into Profile > Sounds > + Add New Sound, or clicking the + button on the top right corner.
- Once selected, tap the purple Dub button.
- The selfie camera will open (hello, face!) and when you're ready to record your dub, tap the purple button (don't hold it). Use the timer button to give yourself 5 seconds before recording begins. Once your sound starts playing, you can record yourself. Pause the recording by tapping the purple button again. Tapping it a third time will resume recording, so you can record multiple segments within a single Dubsmash.
- Once you reach the end of the recorded sound, your video will play back for your review.
- Tap Next to add a caption, confirm the Privacy settings for the post, and save it by tapping the Post button. You can also hit the Share icon to immediately export the video to your device gallery or third-party chat and social apps like iMessage, Snapchat, Instagram, and more. If you don't want to export after creating the dub, you will have the option to do it later. If you hit the Back button at any time during the review process, your video will not be saved.
How do I start over?
- Tap Back to return and re-record the same selection. Your previous video will not be saved
How do I turn off commenting?
If you’d like to remove the option of other users leaving comments on your post:
- Open the post on your profile.
- Tap the overflow menu at the top right (the three dots).
- Tap Edit Post.
- Here you can edit your caption, decide if the post is Public or Private, and turn commenting On or Off.
- Tap Save when you’ve made your choice.
- Commenting will now be deactivated on your post.
At Dubsmash we have a zero tolerance policy for bullying or harassment, and make every effort to eradicate it from our platform. If you or another user are receiving threats, being harassed or criticized through comments, please report the comment by swiping left on it and tapping the trash can (on your own profile) or the flag (on someone else’s profile). While the comment you report from your own profile is permanently removed, a comment you report on another user’s profile will be removed and sent to our moderation team, who will review it within 24 hours.
How do I block someone?
To block another user from viewing your profile, seeing you in search results, or engaging with you via comments, follow these steps:
- Go to that user’s profile.
- Tap the overflow menu at the top right and tap Block User.
- Confirm your choice by selecting Block again. The user is now blocked. The user will not receive a notification that you blocked them.
- You can undo your selection by going into your Profile, tapping Settings (the gear icon on the upper left), and selecting Blocked Users. Any users you have blocked will appear here. Tap Unblock next to the username you’d like to unblock.
How do I change my username?
- Go to your Profile
- Tap Settings at the top left corner (the gear icon).
- Choose Account.
- Tap My Username to change your username.
- Create a username that is easy for you to remember.
- Any profile with an inappropriate, hurtful, or vulgar username will be removed.
- The email you use to register for Dubsmash cannot be changed, so make sure it is one that you can remember and access easily.
I want to upload my own 🔥 sound to Dubsmash. How can I do it?
- Go to your Profile.
- You will find three sections: Videos, Favorites, and Sounds. Tap Sounds.
- You will see a big purple button that says Add New Sound. You have the option to record a new sound using your device microphone, or you can add a pre-recorded sound from your gallery
- Please note: importing a sound from your gallery requires uploading a video; we separate the audio from the video and do not use the video portion. You can upload a sound of up to 15 seconds and can trim it down to 10 seconds (the maximum length) once it’s uploaded.
- All of the sounds that you’ve added will appear in the Sounds tab, and all sounds are public. When a user navigates to your sound, your username will appear at the top of that sound’s page.
How can I make my entire profile private?
Right now, privacy settings can be adjusted on a per-post basis. To make a post private, follow the steps below.
On an existing post:
- In your Profile, navigate to the video you’d like to set to Private.
- Tap the overflow menu and tap Edit Post.
- Toggle the selection Who Can See This? To Private. It will confirm in gray print that Only You Can See This.
- Hit Save to confirm your selection.
Where can I find all my liked videos in one place?
We are working on adding a section in the app where you can see all your liked posts in one place.
How do I get featured on the Dubsmash Instagram or YouTube channel?
We receive such a high volume of submissions from our amazing Dubsmash community that it would be tough to feature every single video. We encourage everyone to use #dubsmash #dsgang and tag us in all of your posts!
Do you have a mailing list?
Not at this time. The best place to keep up with Dubsmash is to follow our Instagram here and subscribe to our YouTube channel here.
Where can I get a Dubsmash shirt or other swag?
Merch drops are limited and announced on Instagram - follow us at @dubsmash.
I forgot my password. How can I reset it?
Click here to reset your password. It’s important that you have access to the email address that you used to register for your Dubsmash account, as you’ll need it to access it to reset your password.
I forgot the email I used to register for my Dubsmash account. Can I change it?
For identity verification purposes, users must have access to the email address they used to register for their Dubsmash account. If you do not know it, but still want to use the app, you will have to register for Dubsmash with a new email address. Be sure to pick one that you can remember!
Why do we need an email address to register for Dubsmash?
Your email address allows us to send you instructions on how to manage your Dubsmash account. We are working on allowing registration using your phone number- stay tuned!
Help! My app is not working and I’m having technical issues. Who do I contact?
Oh no! We’re sorry you’re experiencing this. We know it can be frustrating. Please write us an email at email@example.com or mention us in a tweet at @dubsmashsupport and someone will contact you within 48 hours.
- In your message, be as specific as possible. Describe the errors you see and what’s happening (bonus points for screenshots and screen recordings).
- Provide your device information. Is it Android or iOS? Which model?
- Provide your Dubsmash username.
I am seeing a video I find inappropriate. What can I do?
At Dubsmash, we try to maintain a safe and positive environment for our users. If you see a video that is inappropriate, we encourage you to report it.
- Tap the overflow menu at the top right of the post and tap Report.
- Provide a reason for reporting from the options listed. If you report videos at random (i.e. troll other users), we will delete your account.
- The video will be removed and sent to our moderation team for review within 24 hours.
My video (or some of my videos) disappeared. What does that mean?
Your videos may have been reported by another user. Please allow 24 hours for our team to review. If no violations are found, the video will reappear on your profile. For more information, please review our Dubsmash Terms and Conditions here.
- Keep it clean and positive. While we encourage self-expression and having fun on the app, we don’t condone inappropriate or harmful activity.
- You must be at least 13 years old to use Dubsmash.
- Weapons, drug use, hate speech and other harmful items or behavior are not tolerated on the app. Any videos depicting any of these things will be reported and escalated for removal.
Oops. I posted a video and I want to delete it. How do I do that?
We’ve all done it, posted something and then regretted it. No worries, on Dubsmash you can delete your videos.
- Navigate to the post in your Profile.
- Tap the overflow menu at the top right.
- Tap Delete.
Once deleted, the video cannot be restored, so make sure you want to do it! Note that this only removes it from the Dubsmash app. If you exported the video to your phone, sent the video to a friend, or posted it on social media, the video will still exist there. You can also choose to make the post private, by tapping Edit Post, and toggling Who Can See This? to the Private setting.
I accidentally deleted a video. How can I get it back?
Videos deleted by a user cannot be restored. If you exported the video to your phone, sent it to a friend, or posted it on social media, the video will still exist there.
Can I add friends from my contacts or address book?
This feature is something we are working on! Please check back on a later release for this update. We appreciate your patience.
I have a suggestion for the app. Who can I contact?
Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow our Instagram for feature updates and opportunities to participate in polls - our user feedback is important to us! We want to hear from you.
I’m a parent. Who can I contact about my child’s account?
Someone is using my email on Dubsmash, and I didn’t sign up. What can I do?
If someone is using your email to register and log in to a Dubsmash account that you did not create, and you still have access to that email address and its settings, we advise you to delete the Dubsmash account.
- First, reset the password on the Dubsmash account by visiting this link. You will receive an email confirmation of this action.
- Delete the account once you’ve changed the password by visiting clicking here.
How do I delete my account?
While we’re sorry to see you go, we understand. You can easily delete your account here. You will need access to the email address that you used to register for Dubsmash. Forgot your password? You can reset it here Deleting your profile is not the same as deleting the app. Check your device app management settings to remove the app from your device.